Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm Back!



Wow!  It's been a long time since I've sat down to write a blog post!  I have been busy and a lot has changed in my life.  I will be back tomorrow with a recipe, but I just wanted to take a moment today to update you on what's going on.

Two years ago, we decided that we needed to increase our household income.  It wasn't working out financially for me to stay home full time.  And it's not because we're big spenders or irresponsible.  We just live in a high cost-of-living area and there are six of us.  Within a week, I had two job prospects:  part-time nanny and part-time office lady for our school.  But before either of those panned out, Robbie was approached by the principal at our school.  One of our part-time junior high teachers was not able to return due to health problems.  The principal asked Robbie if I would be willing to go back to teaching part time.  While this was definitely not a job I sought out, God threw it into our laps.  I accepted the job and haven't looked back since!

Yes, I would much rather be at home---that's where my heart is.  But if I have to work outside my home, I cannot think of any better situation than to work with my husband at the school where all four of our children go.  And I really enjoy teaching and interacting with the junior highers, especially the girls.

This coming school year is going to bring additional changes in that I will be full time.  I am really going to have to work on organization and time management!

In the time since I last wrote, my kids have all grown so much!  Keanna is now 10, getting ready to go into 5th grade.  Lukas and Koda turned 6 this spring and will be in 1st grade.  One of them will get to have my 1st grade teacher!  April will turn 4 next month and is looking forward to being in prekindergarten in the fall.



In addition to taking care of my family and getting ready for school next year (teachers don't really take the whole summer off), I will also be starting an online class in a few weeks.  All that to say, my posting definitely will not be as regular as it was before our 18 month hiatus, but I am determined to keep at it as I get immense joy out of it, and I want to be able to help others who are looking to feed their family frugally.

Thanks to all of you who have been asking us about the blog during our silence.  We appreciate your loyalty and are excited to be a continued part of your lives.

By the way, the gorgeous pictures of my family were taken by the amazing Hannah.  If you are in the East Bay and looking for a photographer, you can find her at Hannah Rose Photography:  hannah.rose_photography@yahoo.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you pictures and look forward to reading your blog. P.S. Love you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails