Friday, June 29, 2012

Grilled Potato Slices


When I made hamburgers a couple weeks ago, I was scrambling at the last minute, trying to come up with something to serve as a side.  It's been hot and I've been trying to cook as little as possible in the kitchen, so oven fries were out of the question.  However, I had some potatoes that had to be used, so I started brainstorming and decided to experiment a little bit.  I'm glad I did, because the results were actually quite tasty!  I had never heard of grilling sliced potatoes, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway!

Grilled Potato Slices
Potatoes
Canola oil (or other vegetable oil, preferably not olive oil)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Paprika
Cayenne

Slice potatoes lengthwise into thin slices.  Drizzle with oil and rub to cover both sides of the potatoes.  Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and just a tiny bit of cayenne to taste.


Place potatoes directly onto a preheated grill over medium heat.  Grill until the first side is golden brown and crispy; then flip and grill until the potatoes are crispy and cooked through.



Serve immediately.



3 comments:

Michelle P said...

great idea! I'll have to try it out!

Cheryl said...

Those look very good. I have a question for you. Why do you say preferably not olive oil?

Thanks.

~Cheryl

Kimiko said...

Olive oil has a low smoking point and doesn't always do well over high heat, such as on a grill. You can try it, but the results might not be the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails