Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meat Patty Skillet


I’m unusually tired today, so my apologies.  I would normally introduce my recipe with a background information, preparation tips, or money-saving pointers, but I just don’t have the energy right now.  So without further ado, I will share one of Robbie’s favorite dishes.  I received the recipe from Fern, a dear woman in the church I grew up in.  She contributed it to my wedding cookbook.

Meat Patty Skillet
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 large onions, sliced

Patties
1 lb. ground beef
2 c. bread crumbs
¼ c. onion, chopped
1 egg, beaten
½ c. water
1 tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. nutmeg
⅛ tsp. thyme

Sauce
¾ c. brown sugar
⅜ c. (3 oz. or 6 Tbsp.) water
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
¾ c. vinegar

Heat large skillet over medium to medium-high.  Add vegetable oil and sauté sliced onions until golden brown.


I speed-cooked these so they're not as golden as I like and
a little charred in some places.

Meanwhile, combine all patty ingredients; form into patties, making thinner in the middle.  Set aside.  Remove sautéed onions from skillet.  In same skillet, brown patties on both sides.


Your hands are the easiest tool for this part.


While patties are browning, mix all sauce ingredients.  Return onions to pan; pour sauce over meat and onions.



Cover and simmer 35 minutes.


Serve over white or brown rice.


My kids tend to be food separatists so they
get theirs next to their rice.

Sooooo gooooood!

1 comment:

j scott said...

Perfect, thanks. I will be making this for dinner right now....I have 1 lb. of ground beef in the fridge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails