Friday, October 14, 2011

Apple Crisp


It's fall (even though the thermostat says it's still summer), and I'm excited about making fall-ish recipes!!!  Last week we were housesitting for some friends of ours and were taking a dessert to some other friends of ours.  As I pondered what to take, it hit me.  The friends we were housesitting for had a tree full of granny smith apples!  I would make an apple crisp!  I didn't have a go-to apple crisp recipe, so I hit the web, searching for what seemed to be the best apple crisp recipe.  I finally landed on one from Tammy's Recipes.  So really, all credit should go to her; I just made one tiny change to her recipe.



Apple Crisp
8 cups cored, peeled, and sliced apples
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup flour
1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup quick oats
2/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.  Place apples in prepared pan and pour lemon juice over the apples; mix to evenly coat the apples.


In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, and butter.  Crumble over apples; top with pecans.


Sorry that only one spot on all of these pictures is in focus.  I had to shoot using a large aperture to get enough lighting.



Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and the apple are soft.  Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails