Monday, September 5, 2011

Fish Tacos


A while ago I promised to post my fish taco recipe.  Well, I've finally gotten around to it.  It's really easy, so doesn't need very much explanation.

I use tilapia, but almost any white fish will do.  And instead of traditional coleslaw, I use my sauteed cabbage coleslaw.

I usually don't measure, so don't be afraid to wing it.  Use the recipe as a guide.  Sometimes I add garlic powder and/or leave out the paprika.

Fish Tacos
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 c. olive oil
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1-2 lb. tilapia
1-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
White corn tortillas
Coleslaw
Hot sauce (optional)
Cilantro, chopped (optional)

In a medium bowl, mix lime juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, and salt.  Cut tilapia into bite-sized pieces and add to marinade; turn to coat.  Let marinate in fridge about 30 minutes.





Heat skillet over medium-high heat.  Add oil.  Cook tilapia until it flakes apart, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.



Heat tortillas in skillet over medium heat.  Top each one with fish, coleslaw, hot sauce, and cilantro.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails