Friday, September 23, 2011

Chicken Salad

One of my husband's favorite lunches (besides leftovers) is chicken salad sandwiches.  Actually, I guess they technically can be considered leftovers, too, because I usually use leftover parts of a whole chicken (see recipes here and here).  This recipe is very flexible - I usually don't measure anything.  Instead, I taste and adjust as I go.  So use this recipe as a guide and make adjustments to suit your family's preferences.

Chicken Salad
2 1/4 cup cubed, cooked chicken
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients.  Taste and add ingredients as necessary.  I ended up adding a little more mustard and lemon juice, but you can add as much as you'd like!  Refrigerate.  Serve in sandwiches.

Shredded chicken from a leftover roasted chicken.  Sometimes I just shred it instead of cubing it.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails