Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions


Every year millions of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, but not me—well, not seriously anyway.  I usually resolve to give up alcohol, coffee, pears, invertebrates, or some other thing I already don’t eat.  I think this year I will resolve to abstain from dangerous activities such as skydiving and storm chasing.  I don’t have anything against New Year’s resolutions, I just feel like I should always be working to improve myself, not just at the beginning of each year.

But for those who like to use this time as a fresh start, I’d like to offer some suggestions for change in 2011:

-           Eat more rice and beans (dried, of course)


-           Eat more veggies


-           Try more generic products
-           Make your own bread products (such as pitas and pizza crust)
-           Eat more hot cereal and less boxed cold cereal


-           Check out a local discount grocery store such as WinCo, Food4Less, FoodMaxx, etc.
-           Maximize your time with menu planning and shopping lists
-           Eat more soup and salad












-           Use your slow cooker more
-           Organize school lunches


-           Use money-saving resources (also check our "Recommended Resources" tab)
-           Eat out less

We hope you had a happy New Year, and we look forward to sharing more of our recipes and tips with you this year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sumiko, I just love your blog! I'm going to use a lot of your suggestions for the upcoming year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails